It is not new for users to drop their phones on the floor. As the phone hits the hard surface, the display cracks. And when the screen is broken, you can’t unlock your phone and access the data therein. The same thing will happen for the contacts saved on your device as well. As a result, your smartphone turns out to be completely useless. Thus, it would really become a serious problem for you. Unfortunately, if you are one of those Android users, then we can help you with the solutions given below. In case you are looking for a correct data recovery process, then you are in the right place.
Data Recovery Methods for Extracting Contacts from a Broken Android Phone:
Here are the fixes that will help you to get back your contacts.
Method 1: Use OTG, Adapter, and Mouse
In this method, the OTG will serve as an intermediary between the mouse and your broken phone. To perform this process, you need to go perform the following steps:
- Connect the micro USB side of the OTG adapter to your smartphone. Then, connect the other end of the adapter to the mouse.
- If your phone identifies the mouse, a pointer will appear on the screen.
- Touch the pointer and enter the password set for your Android phone.
- It will then unlock your device and allow you to recover your contacts.
- As an additional measure, back up the contacts to an external drive or another phone.
Method 2: Use a Broken Android Data Extraction Tool or Software
It’s fine if your computer has a data extraction tool. If not, then install a data extraction software on your PC. After installing the tool, do as we have directed below.
- Connect your phone to your PC by using a USB cable.
- If your device is recognizable, then the computer displays a set of instructions.
- Go through the instructions and choose the Recovery Mode depending upon the condition of your iPhone.
- If you are unable to turn on your Android phone, then press the ‘Start’ key on the keyboard.
- A new interface will appear and ask you to choose your device name and model from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Broken Android Data Extraction’ option in the left pane of the window.
- Then provide the device name and model and enable the Download Mode with on-screen prompts.
- Now, the data recovery software you have installed initially will download a recovery package for your device.
- Your Android phone will automatically return to the normal mode.
- Hold down the Home, Power, and Volume Down buttons simultaneously on your phone.
- Now, release these buttons and press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- The data recovery software will scan your phone and show another interface.
- Select the contacts you want to derive and click the ‘Recover’ button.
- After completing the process, check your computer for the extracted contacts.
Note: Your Android phone will be vulnerable if you use unreliable software. Thus, ensure the authenticity of the software before performing this method.
Method 3: Use Android Control Apps
Some Android devices are incorporated with control apps to access data if the phone is broken. If your phone doesn’t have such an app, then it is best to visit the App Store. Search for control apps and install one of them on your device. Then, run that app to extract your inaccessible contacts.
However, it is possible to use this method if you have not enabled the USB debugging before the Android phone was broken. Otherwise, you need to look for other solutions.
Method 4: Use Android Debug Bridge
Android devices come with a preinstalled tool known as Android Debug Bridge. This command-line tool is intended to send commands from computers to Android devices. Thus, it allows you to initiate developers like changes on your Android phone. In case, you can’t find this tool on your phone, then download and install the same. Here are the steps to perform:
- Make sure that USB Debugging was previously enabled on your device.
- Turn on your PC and use a USB cable to connect your Android phone.
- Launch a web browser and look for the Android SDK package.
- Download the package and extract the ZIP file on your PC.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the Windows search bar and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Right-click ‘cmd’ in the search result and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Type ‘cd C:/android/platform-tools’ in the elevated Command Prompt and press ‘Enter.’
- Enter adb shell input text “your code” and shell input key event 66 commands one after the other.
- If your phone has pattern lock, then enter ‘ADB shell rm/data/system/gesture.key’ command instead of the aforesaid commands.
For additional help, you are recommended to reach an Android data recovery in Dubai. Carefully, analyze the important factors like time, cost, reputation, and guarantee before selecting a service provider.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to Extract Contacts from a Broken Samsung Phone?
You can use an OTG adapter for connecting your phone to a computer. Enter your device password when prompted and unlock your phone. Then, you can easily recover the contact and create a backup somewhere else as well.
- How Can I Transfer Contacts from the Phone that Won’t Turn on?
If your phone has an Android control app, then you can retrieve your contacts with it. Or else, you can use Android Debug Bridge if USB Debugging was previously activated on your device. If none of these solutions are found to be useful, then take the help of an Android data recovery software.
- How to Recover Contacts from a Broken Android Phone without USB Debugging?
USB Debugging is not the only way to recover contacts or data from a broken Android phone. You have the option of using control apps or an Android data recovery tool.