iPhones are delicate devices that can slip from your hand or pocket at any time. As a result, the display cracks and makes it difficult to access your data. The problem becomes worse if you ever met with an accident. Now, it’s fine if you have created a previous backup for your iPhone. But, what can be done if a backup is missing. That’s why we have created this blog for all iPhone users with a broken screen. Here, we have separately explained the entire data recovery process for users with and without a backup.
How to Backup Your iPhone Data on a Computer?
We have considered two situations for this method.
If You Have a Trusted Computer:
- You will need to connect your iPhone to the computer you have used before.
- So, get a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer and turn them on.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and wait until it recognizes your iPhone.
- Click on the ‘Summary’ in the left pane of the iTunes window and move to the ‘Automatically Backup’ section.
- Choose ‘This Computer’ and check the box for “Encrypt local backup.”
- Windows will prompt you to create a password for securing your backups.
- So, thin of a password, enter it, and click the ‘Backup Now’ button.
- The previous action starts the button and saves it locally on your computer.
- Now, open the local folder in your PC and extract the files that you have backed up.
Note: This process will work for both Mac and Windows users.
If You Do Not Have a Trusted Computer:
If you have never selected the “Trust This Computer” option, then you have no option other than using one third-party software.
- So, the first step is to look for one reliable data recovery software on the internet.
- Then, download and install the software on your computer.
- Launch the software and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- As the computer detects your iPhone, select the data type or click on the ‘Select All’ button.
- Select the ‘Scan’ option to let the software scan the internal database of your iPhone.
- The software will find out the data that is deleted from your iPhone.
- After the scanning process is over, move to other data tabs and view your retrieved data.
- Click on the ‘Export and Restore’ option and select the ‘Export to desktop’ option.
- Go to the folder browser and browse a location where you want to save your backup.
- Then, click the ‘Export’ button to extract the files the software has recovered on your PC.
Note: The scanning time will depend upon the amount of data available in the database of your iPhone.
How to Recover iPhone Data from Your iCloud Backup?
A data recovery software is a must to carry out this process. So, install a data recovery software and then launch it on your computer. Then, do as we have discussed below.
- Click on the link ‘Recover from iCloud Backup’ under the side menu on the window displayed.
- Sign in to your iCloud account and click the ‘Supported file list’ category in the left pane to view all your backup files to date.
- Select a file that you want to restore and click the ‘Save’ button.
- After restoring one file successfully, repeat the same process for other files as well.
How to Recover Data from Your iTunes Backup?
- Download and install an iPhone data recovery software if your computer lacks one.
- Launch the software and launch iTunes.
- Sign in to your account and you will find the ‘Recover from iTunes Backup’ option.
- Select the above option and check the backup files available in your iTunes account.
- Select relevant backup files and click the ‘Save’ button to restore them.
- You will then receive a confirmation message once the selected files are restored to your computer.
- Then, open the folder where the files are saved for confirmation.
Now, choose the appropriate method for you and recover your lost data. You can then recover any documents, pictures, or videos by using the aforesaid methods. There are no other ways for an iPhone screen data recovery regardless of the version you are using. So, if you face any difficulties, then consult with an iPhone data recovery specialist.